Our Virtual Antenatal Classes provide the same great group vibe of our local classes but are available worldwide via the magic of the internet. You’ll receive access to all course videos and materials as well as conference calls with your group of parents, with similar due dates, along with your host midwife; this is a great time to ask questions, share stories and create community. You’ll also be able to share the journey with your group and host midwife via a WhatsApp group throughout pregnancy and the early days of parenting.
Once all the group’s babies have arrived you’ll have a class reunion, either virtually or in person if preferred, and logistically practical.
Each session is informal & as interactive as you wish it to be. Please don’t be nervous. The video content and additional resources can be watched/accessed when convenient to you. You’ll then join the pre-scheduled conference video calls with your group and host midwife where you’ll receive advice tailored to your pregnancy as well as benefit from the questions asked by others and the camaraderie of being with others in the same boat.
Our virtual antenatal classes cover the core topics of: Labour & birth, Pain relief & coping methods, Feeding your baby, Life after birth.
Full range of topics covered:
- signs of labour
- the latent phase & advice
- what determines the length of your labour
- going to hospital /calling the midwife
- first, second & third stages of labour
- what the birth partner might see
- when things don’t go according to plan
- attitude towards pain
- role of the birth partner
- coping methods for early labour
- natural pain relief
- medical pain relief
- skin to skin
- breastfeeding benefits to mums and babies
- bottle feeding
- SIDS (cot death)
- challenges of breastfeeding
- anatomy & how it works
- breastfeeding and partners
- how life is about to change
- first hour with your babies
- first days with your babies
- why do babies cry?
- nappy changing
- bathing baby
- dressing baby
- car-seat safety
- insight into parenthood